If you live in the North East then you already know it’s a pretty awesome place. From our super friendly demeanour (and admittedly a distinct lack of regard for cold weather appropriate outerwear), to our amazingly cultural and diverse flagship city of Newcastle, we really are that greener grass you’ve been dreaming about. But, with the announcement of Festival on the Wall, the North East just got a whole lot cooler….
So, what is it? In a nutshell – a luxury music festival. Think Coachella (on a smaller scale obvs & without the desert and blazing sunshine) and you’re on the right track. The thing that sets Festival on the Wall apart from other British music festivals, is that whilst the bands headlining are pretty damn awesome, they aren’t the only draw. Set in 350 acres of private countryside deep in Northumberland, Festival on the Wall boasts a while host of extra reasons to book your tickets and head North:
1. THE THUNDERDOME: Yes, you read that right. A dedicated rave zone, with dance DJs and entertainment for late-night revellers in a Mad Max-esque area with a 360-degree stage and a central DJ booth with added pyrotechnics. That means fireworks, lightning bolts and actual flames. Super cool right?
2. HOME COMFORTS: No more worrying about the appalling battery life of your iPhone, Festival on the Wall promises easy ways to charge your phone, straighten your hair and even have an actual hot shower. No mention of Wi-Fi or cell coverage – yet.
3. DINE IN THE SKY: Missed Dine on the Tyne last year? The same team will be back at Festival on the Wall to give you a dining experience 100ft above the main stage with some of the North East’s most loved restaurants on board.
4. SUPER FUN ACTIVITIES: Forget the music for a second, there’ll be a freaking roller disco at Festival on the Wall and if that’s not got you wanting to book tickets immediately then you’re probably no fun anyway and this festival isn’t for you. As well as a roller disco, there’ll be a hot tub chill out zone, karavanoke (no idea but sounds fun), and a virtual reality zone allowing festival goers to watch any set they choose from the weekend.
5. THE AWESOME BANDS: Go on then, it seems only right to mention the music. We’re currently on phase 1 of the announced line up so there are plenty more acts yet to be announced but so far The Libertines, Maximo Park, Pet Shop Boys and Mark Ronson are amongst the North East dominant lineup.
With a focus on convenience, Festival on the Wall promises real, North Eastern artisan street food, without the long wait. With an option to click and collect your groceries for the entire weekend and have it ready and waiting on your arrival. The organisers of Festival on the Wall have spent a lot of time poring over everything that’s negative about British music festivals so that this one lives up to its strapline: ‘The happiest music festival in Britain’ .
Interested? The festival runs August 4-6 and tickets are available here now with a variety of accommodation options available, from pitching your own tent to hiring a luxury yurt or tipi. Travelling with the family? Kids 12 and under get in for a tenner and there are plenty of family friendly activitiesto participate in whilst you’re there, ear defenders are also available upon request. See, they really have thought of everything.
Want tickets? Of course you do! click here to grab early bird tickets and stay glued to Twitter (@FestOnTheWall), Instagram (@festivalonthewall) and of course here, to find out more info as it’s released, including the phase 2 lineup.
Here’s the bit you’ve been waiting for – Fashion Voyeur has 2 weekend tickets up for grabs, I’ll be telling you how you can win them next week so check back or miss out.
catch you on the flip Voyeurs….